XXXIV Photos

My original idea for tonight's post was to review my first jacket I sewed last month.  While working through the post I had to because I noticed my free memory in Picasa was just about full.      

This has led me to my current panic level and realization I have absolutely no management system built into my life for photos.  I love to organize but feel completely helpless when it comes to the pictures I take. 

Ten years of photos are waiting for my attention.
  • Some photos have been printed and are hiding in boxes or envelopes in the sideboard.  
  • There are years of photos on Shutterfly and the more hanging out on the external storage unit.
  • I did manage to create one photobook for 2010 but haven't made it past that point.
Each month the task becomes more daunting and continues to feed my helplessness.

Now my on-line photos in the blog: I realized tonight that I never downsized the photos in Picasa.  I may spend my time working through the album and deleting the photos which are duplicate, but I haven't resolved to go this route. 

I will probably need to buy storage space in Picasa but I am considering Flickr too. I also want to develop a better system for posting on patternreview.com and work through the blog look.  It's in need of some updating as well.  See, I can't help but organize my life.

I curious to know techniques others use in organizing photos or dealing with posting on line.  What other methods are out there which I use?  Care to share? 



1 comment:

  1. I panicked a couple years ago, too. And so I have a pro account with Flickr, which I consider my backup. I try to remember to put everything on flash drives, too. But, I didn't think far enough ahead when I started and so I'd REALLY like to go back through the Flickr feed and re-tag/re-organize things so everything matches. Man, that would kill me. But it would be so great.

    ReplyDelete