XIII Sewing Impatience

I have a problem; it's called sewing impatience.  Once a garment is done I am ready to move on to the next project and ignore any further issues. 

Take my latest garment.  Finished on Saturday.  The fit felt good while I was sewing, but when I put it on and moved the front suddently didn't feel great.  Plus the back has some pooling.  Fine I thought, I'll just wear it around the house or it could even be a nightshirt.  Just that quick, I gave up on trying to make it fit.  I didn't want to rip seams and put the thread back in the machine which already held a new color for my newest project.  

I put the shirt on this hanger to sit.  
 
Sunday morning I felt annoyed.  Why was I going to relegate a well sewn tank to sleeping just because I was impatient with a little more re-working.  The annoyance continued for several hours until I declared an end to giving in to my impatience. No more will I allow myself to ignore the fit issues on a garment that can be fixed.  There are a few of these items collecting in my closet and it's time to stop this fate. 

Now I have a date with this tank and my seam ripper while I watch some TV.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty tank. Definitely worth fixing. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete