X Rounded Out

Thursdays I spin.
When I tell people that I take a spin class, a common response is "Oh you mean that class where the guy screams at you?" 
What? 
I'm confused where this impression came from, but once I hear this I know...they don't get it.  

Katie, our instructor, is all about biking. No special tricks or specific demands.  She picks great music, sets us up for the "road ahead" and we move.  I started taking spin about a year ago with a co-worker who wanted me to join with her. 

The class is tough.  I'm an awful sweaty mess when the hour is up.  Most Thursdays I could easily talk myself out of going.  It's the end of my week, I'm so tired, and so on and so on. 

After showering and eating, I relax.  I feel balanced and mentally powerful.  I move to fight off  crabby mommy, grumpy wife and angry employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment