I am attracted to cowl and drape shirts. This pattern was an instant love when I first saw it. My first fabric choice was only a yard and this fabric was my new choice. This is a rayon slub jersey with a 3D illusion print that I recently brought from fabric.com. I love this print.
I made this in a day. Since the front piece is cut on the bias and is very large I had to cut it out on the floor as my cutting table isn't that wide. I did not have a weight so I used a penny and this seems to work well.
During our date I caught myself looking and fussing with the drape front because it sticks out a bit, but this adds to the unique flavor of the top and I very attracted to this. One of the reasons I love sewing my own clothes.
What a lovely top. You look fantastic wearing it.
ReplyDelete