XXXI S2250

I have so many jacket patterns in my collection and bought them with the idea of creating a collection to choose from, but until now I hadn't sewed a single one.  I was scared and imagined that sewing a jacket would involve numerous adjustments. 

However, after seeing Erica B.'s version I was inspired to move beyond my silly misgivings and fears.  The beauty of S2250 is that it's unlined and the construction is easy.  Having less complicated project is a great confidence builder.  I wanted a versatile jacket which can be worn from spring to fall.  I liked the look of the poly suiting fabric from JoAnns and love the fact that there is mechanical stretch in the fabric. 

The fit of the jacket was great, but I wasn't surprised since there were good reviews in PR.  I added double fold bias tape for a nice seam finish on the inside with a little color for fun.  I did mis-judged the lengths on some of the binding and need to remember in the future to extend this beyond the edge of the fabric.
Back view
Front view

No comments:

Post a Comment