One major sewing goal this summer: easy to wear, quick to grab summer dresses suitable for work or casual.
After seeing Elaine's version earlier this year I knew that dress would fit the bill. There were many other inspiring versions in PR too. I had some Robert Kaufman chambray waiting for the right pattern.
I wore this to work on Wednesday and received many compliments.
The dress wears easy. I haven't added the belt loops but I'm planning on doing that soon. Placement was as question for me since I am shorter above my waist. I also plan to add the lingerie straps, as I kept having to keep pulling bra straps in.
I like the potential to wear this into cooler weather and adding different belts, boots or tights and cardigans or jackets.



Ok, THIS is my favorite thing you've ever made. It's SO GREAT!
ReplyDeleteIt's super cute, Amy! You wear it well, girl! It looks great as it is, but it would be great with boots, tights and a sweater, too, like you said. Hurray for versitle clothing!!! (p.s. Could you BE any cuter? I think not!)
ReplyDeleteIt was so great to see you this weekend. It was fun being one of the sisters again, even if it was short lived. Your family is absolutely wonderful and I totally want to make it to thanksgiving this year. Lol!
It is adorable! You did a great job, and you look AWESOME in it. I wish I was a little pixie like you! ;-)
ReplyDeleteSuper cute! Great fabric choice for this pattern and the design looks fantastic on you!
ReplyDelete