Tonight I rushed to load the dishwasher. It was a great night to be outside. The kids had been sent out to burn off the excess energy. I am making more efforts to sit out and enjoy the end of the day outside. Hard part about going out on nights like tonight; the coming in gets that much harder.
I learned a few years back that my best trick at night to shut my brain down is reading. Generally I read a couple pages and then I'm done. The last 2 nights this has back fired on me as I am in the midst of a captivating book. Butterflies Dance in the Dark by Beatrice MacNeal is amazing. I am so surprised by this book as it was a random pick in the middle of an aisle at the library.
It took me a chapter or two to get into the flow of the author's writing but I am hooked. I was up 2 & 3 hours past my usual bedtime that last couple nights. I told Devin that I can't read this book tonight before bed...but I don't know if I can resist it! I highly recommend this book.
No comments:
Post a Comment