But for now I'm still on vacation.
The tradition continues for my retreat to Michigan. This year's visit was a bit shorter than the last couple but still a wonderful time. Her time in the States is coming to a close and I am thankful for our time together before she farther away than a 3 hour car drive.
It's lovely to have good times with my sister. We weren't the best of friends from our teens until the mid-twenties. We will chock the teen years to hormones, sharing a room, being 23 months apart in age, different personalities and both being blessed with a head strong attitudes. Our twenties we took different paths, different colleges, living in different cities.
Marriage and babies finally pulled us together, and happily we have moved past those years of teen madness.
On to the time away!
I was able to see a good friend and we had some time to catch up. I got to snuggle her newest addition...just 6 days old. Love the little ones.
My sister has many great ideas and we spent a great chunk of time painting our own pottery. The kids had fun but they were done too quick. Carin and I could have used more time.
We met up with Katie and her clan and let the park entertain the kids.
There were bubbles,
discussions on who could rightfully carry the box of graham crackers,
mom's talking,
a creek, with rocks, a bridge and boys.
Of course our time was busy and full but I won't go through with the play by play. It was the time I needed to be away from home to enjoy my family. We were sad when our time in Michigan came to end but we look forward to next year's retreat.





It was a very, very good day for me. Thank you :)
ReplyDelete