Is it Sunday already?

Ah yes, the familair sounds of Sunday afternoon... football, and laundry.


Devin has come back from his attempt to make it on Wheel of Fortune. He went with some high hopes, but realized after one "game" his chances of being called for any further games wasn't worth his time - plus he was missing the Bears Game.


Mia has lost her day to napping. She's been asleep since 11:30 this morning and it's 3:00 now. The kids have had colds/viruses the past 2 weeks, and today Mia was up at 6:30 this morning. She came down and crawled in bed with us. When I asked her what hurt (because she was crying) she said her hair. She has this little habit of identifying funny body parts when you ask what's hurting if she cries in the middle of the night. Makes me smile when I think about that one.


Small victory this weekend with Mia and the toilet! She pottied a few times on the toilet with us (previously only accomplished by Grandma L.). I've reached my breaking point with Mia and diapers. She's started to leak out of them and I want to be closer to being done with buying them, and changing them. She won't tell us when she has to create a foul mess, but I'm hopeful that we'll catch a few of those in the toilet by default.


We went to DJ's school on Thursday night for an Open House. We received his progress report and he's doing very well. He drew a nice picture of us all and impressed his teacher by telling her how to spell Kyan's name. She asked us if it was right.


Oh, sad day for Devin, his beloved Bears have lost to the Lions...

I think I need to work with DJ and carve his pumpkin. Last week he was adament about not carving the pumpkin, but wanted to take out the seeds and inside. Not sure where he knew about one, but didn't understand the full implication. I believe we've come to a compromise, but I better check with him to make sure it's what he's expecting before I cut it open.

Here's a couple pictures to share. The quilt for our bed and the drapes of our bedroom.


1 comment:

  1. Hey the quilt and the curtains look great! Hope Mia feels better soon, I'm not sure any of my kids slept ever slept that long during the day! I tried to warn Devin about the Wheel of Fortune thing...sounds like he didn't waste too much time there!

    ReplyDelete