Look at the time

I've had a busy weekend, and my plan for tonight was to spend more time finishing my projects. I'm so close to finishing the "summer quilt" for our bed. And with the warm weather that keeps popping up, I think a summer quilt may still be in order. I did buy a blanket so the quilt can live on the bed for a while and we can stay warm.

I also spent a good deal of time this weekend adding some pizazz to our bedroom. After living here for 5 years we finally have curtains/drapes in our room. It was a surprise for Devin, and turned out to be a good surprise. I found a great deal at Hancock for drapery fabric at $3.00 a yard. The color of the fabric is totally different depending on the time of day, but looks great and adds character to the room that's been blah for a long time. The only part left is to pick the final length and hem them. It has been a weekend project and happily I'm very close to finishing.

I came downstairs to check e-mail and maybe write a quick blog if the mood hit. Then I became distracted with other blogs that were artsy and offered inspiration which of course started my wheels turning (MORE projects!). My focus has improved in the last couple of years with the projects I undertake; working to finish them before starting something new. I often have fleeting thoughts about new projects, but take those thoughts and plug myself into finishing current projects. Devin has helped to push me towards finishing projects, there are times I drive him nuts with all of my ideas.

I'll have to take pictures and post them after I finish the curtains. Currently the bedroom isn't picture perfect and I'm not about to make it so at this hour.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was as crafty as you! I read this and looked at the cheap roll-up shades in our bedroom and just sighed! We did finally buy a new, nice comforter set with matching sheets (something you probably could have made) and finally are going to make painting the bedroom a priority over Christmas break. Mike gets about 10-11 days off at Christmas because the plants shut down. We have crazy wallpaper to pull off first. Stil debating losing the carpet, it's in great condition, it's just so, so, so green!! have hardwood underneath though it would have to be refinished - sigh! loved the pictures of the kids, they are so big now! Tell Devin good luck with school. Mike has been there and almost done that - he'll graduate in Dec! We'll invite you guys out for the bash I am throwing him. it only took him 16 years and 160+ credit hours (few different, unrelated majors will do that to you). He's already talking MBA....I just need to remind myself that I am a supportive wife, I can do this for a few more years, it'll pay off in the end, right?? Hear you about no more maternity leave sister! I think we are done, though every day I walk by the nursery room at their preschool and start thinking...then I am snapped back to reality when I realize I don't know where the two I walked in with have gone! Glad you guys are well, miss you, Heather

    ReplyDelete