I've done it!

I commandeered the dining room table last weekend and decided the way to work my way out of the sewing funk was to cut, and cut, and cut some more.  I now have an array of sewing projects ready for the machine. 

I find that cutting is often a time sucker for me.  I think too long, touch all kinds of fabric, dream about making numerous projects, forget what I wanted to cut, think some more, and then run out of time to cut. 

With last weekend's work I now have a basket waiting with 5 tops, 2 pants, and a skirt.  There is a mix of knit and woven.  My hope is having a variety of projects waiting I can easily switch gears and move to a project that is just waiting to be sewn.   

Of course in spending my time cutting the dishes piled up and the clutter abounded.  I had to make a conscience effort to let it go.  The dirt, clutter and mess it drives me nuts some time and I think lately I've let the constant need to clean overtake me and get in the way of creating.   Overall the weekend helped put me back in the mood to sew and progress has been made this week.  A couple nights this week in front of the machine was so helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment