Coming to terms with my feelings

Most times when I can't sew I can blame it on 'life'
      ...too tired after getting the kiddies to bed...
 ...work was more stressful or busy than planned...
                ....various parts of the house need cleaning or organizing...

However over the last week I have been prevented from working because of fear.  The fear first appeared while working on this shirt.  It's my Boden inspired tunic.  The construction of the shirt went well and I was pleased with the shirt until I tried it on.  I feared the end product and haven't touched it in 2 weeks.  I figured out last night that the shirt need to move from it's current position where it continues to mock me and my inability to complete.   

The fear gained power while I worked to cut out pants.  My fear of not achieving a perfect in the finished product began to erode my desire to even start on the pants.  I was surprised and miffed about my fears.  In the past I have felt frustrated about finished products not being quite right - but never had I experienced fear of an outcome  before starting a project! 

In order to get over the hump I made myself start cutting knit fabric for some tops.  Knit is nice because it is forgiving and I made sure to pick projects which are popular in PR and just my style. 

2 comments:

  1. whats wrong with the top--it looks cute. will it fit my newly slenderized (or soon to be??) bod?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BIG fan of Boden and bigger fan of Boden knock-offs. But I hear ya on the fear. I don't mind sewing for the little peeps, but I rarely sew something for myself that I love.

    ReplyDelete