Vacation Haze

Today was the first day back after a week off and like always the in-box was jam packed at work but I didn't go in expecting greatness at work.  Just worked on what I could get through.

Now I'm sorting through the vacation pictures.  Many great memories.  I started last night and thought there was a chance I would post but there were too many pictures and my thoughts could not be organized.   

As a lot of vacation time has been over the past years, this one again was spent with family.  We had  a new niece & cousin to meet - so to Michigan we headed.  There were many good moments and it was a busy week.  This is a picture heavy post.  I had a hard time filtering again.

 Miss Pearl
 I spent some time catching shots of my sister and Pearl hanging out while we watched the planes land. Carin spends a lot of time taking pictures and doesn't end up in too many herself. It was fun to watch them. It was tempting to want and snuggle with Pearl but she and her mom need the time to get build a bond and strong relationship.  I witnessed this even during a busy, busy week. 


In the mix of our week we had "Cousin Camp." Thankfully there are nice cabins in the Michigan State Parks which offers families like ours who don't own an RV and aren't super excited about camping a-la-tents






 Cousin Camp shirts with nice messages to each other. My sister has awesome ideas. I'm thankful for her and fun touches such as these.
Photo-bombing required

 Documenting the fact that we did indeed make it through the first meal thanks to the fearless grillers.


Girls night included nails painted in a special pattern. 

I had fun trying to capture the light as it swung around.  
The views were beautiful and it was a great way to let go.
The sunset took forever and even though I grew up in Michigan I miss the late sunsets. Living on the other side of the lake and another time zone makes a huge change.  We had a great girls night staying up late and enjoying the fire on a chilly night.




 Lake Michigan was frigid and there were fearless swimmers in the bunch
 


The castle building crew  



Sand monsters

Night two camping we entertained more family for smokey links and smores.  

And the cutest dress on the even cuter model...and yes - I sewed this one!
I will document this soon along with all the sewing that's been happening lately
 
We ended the week by witnessing Pearl's baptism yesterday. 

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Everyone's kids are growing so quickly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. I love the photo with the three with their arms around each other. And thank you so much for your well wishes! We are excited to have another ;)

    ReplyDelete