Bermuda: Just the beggining

Over the last three days I have been wracking my brain on how to best recap our trip to Bermuda.


First off - I should preface that traveling to fabulous vacation spot is really thanks to these two lovely people.  They were gracious hosts, ready tour guides, friendly transportation providers and flexible.  We enjoyed so many aspects of the trip it's hard to put it all down. 






I didn't have too many expectations for the vacation.  Everyday life is driven by routine, schedules, lists and projects so much so that I am guilty of running myself ragged too often.  I just wanted time to get away from the lists, relish in the fact that no alarm would urge me up in the morning, and I had no expected outcomes or projects for a given day.

I also do not invest time in prepping for new destinations.  Thankfully for us my sister and her family have had 6 months to discover the great places to go.  Due to some of the weather and tide issues we did not make it to all of the cool places or beaches in the 6 days we spent there. I guess we could save up and try to go again!

The views around the island were breathtaking and I attempted to capture as much as possible.  Devin did his fair share of photographing too; all told - we ended up with over 500 photos.  I still haven't made it through all the pictures yet.


The kids had a blast.  They love these times with cousins and I am happy to sit back with my sister and watch they run on the beaches or loose their ever lovin' minds in the yard.  It didn't take long for the kids to adjust to the 2 hour time difference after spending hours of the day running, and running and running.

We landed Friday night and couldn't see much in the dark.  But Saturday started early with an Easter Egg Hunt.  There was plenty of food, games, crafts, and candy to keep the kids happy.  The weather went from one extreme to the other.  That's part of the 'adventure' on living in the middle of the ocean.

He knew to scramble for the next egg

 
Love her face



Our second half of the day was spent exploring the Fantasy and Crystal Caves. Photographing these were a lot of fun and in between the cave exploration we had fun goofing around with the camera. 

Fantasy Caves
In Fantasy Cave
Chandelier stalactite in Fantasy Caves



The next day was Easter.  I was excited to celebrate the holiday with family first in celebrating the day at church and then seated around the table for ham, potatoes and green bean casserole.

Sunday afternoon called for some activity so our tour guides suggested we head to John Smith's Bay.  The temperature and wind were not conducive to swimming but with of beach and toys and kids there was no shortage of fun.
The sand was so soft & the view spectacular 


No comments:

Post a Comment