B5678


These pictures sent me over the edge with my hair.  Five days later I found myself at the salon getting the hair chopped off.  The beauty of short hair.
 


Pattern Description: Semi-fitted shirt has shoulder princess seams and stitched hems.

Pattern Sizing: 4-22, Based on the description of semi-fitted I selected size 10 and made view B but opted for the full sleeves.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes it did

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes.  I prefer to sew my sleeves in flat but I followed all the other instructions except for hemming. I used Pam’s helpful technique for hemming the shirt as I attempted the patterns instructions but found that to be cumbersome and not easy.  I then recalled Pam sharing this technique for have a hem I am proud of and didn’t bring me to tears of frustration.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked the princess seams on the front and back with the topstitching.  I also liked the bottom of the shirt with the shaped lower hem. 

Fabric Used: Cotton shirting with stretch

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made? Thanks to Debbie’s review, I removed a lot of the ease on the sleeve cap.  I cut a size 6 for the sleeve cap and found that this was a manageable amount of ease.    
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  Possibly, as I do like the fit with the princess seams on the front and back.

Conclusion: I took my time working through the details and steps and I am really happy with the finish and look of the shirt. 

2 comments:

  1. cute! I like that color on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT is a rockin' shirt and something I would never attempt myself. Girl, you are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete