M6519


Pattern Description: Misses' Unlined Jacket, Top, Dress, Skirt and Pants

Pattern Sizing: 6-22, I made size 10, for future shirts I will make sure to cut a 12 at the hips.   

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes it did

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes. It’s a simple shirt.  I made bias binding from the fabric rather than the purchased binding per the pattern instructions. I also used Pam’s instructions (genius!) to hem the shirt.   

When I staystiched the armhole my stitch was a little tight and it cause the fabric to gather a little which can be seen on the finished armhole.  Next time I will watch my thread tension to avoid this result.  

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love the simple shape of the shirt.  I made a 5/8” swayback adjustment but find that the back still looks a little bulky.  If I make this again I may make increase that adjustment.   The armhole is large and requires a tank or camisole in order to keep everything covered.  This doesn't bother me too much so I’m not sure if I would alter the pattern. 
   
Fabric Used: Voile

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made? I lengthened mine 1½” so I can wear with skinny jeans.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I like the simplicity of the pattern and would like to try this in a rayon or poly fabric for a good layering piece.  

Conclusion: Nice top for layering or by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment