Where was I?

That's right I was supposed to be creating another post long ago.  Every time I post I get all excited about coming back the next day with a new post and then a week, or two, or even three seems to wiz on by before I sign back on!

This post is to be kind to family as there are many member who have been waiting patiently to see the photos I will share.  Now, I have 20 minutes to polish up this post before it's time to head out the door and pick up the kids

Last time I left you, I had painted the woodwork with Zinser to prep for the real stuff.  When we had the 4 day weekend a couple weeks ago I knew this was my time to get the job done.

The grey is Filtered Shade from Lowes. We have too much paint left over but I guess that's just extra for me someday when I'm inspired to paint a closet or a corner and need some extra paint.
The wood is just semi gloss white.

I wanted to rug to add some cushion to the room.  The carpet we currently have is not my favorite and I just wanted to cover some of it up and make the room feel softer.  Devin didn't quite get it, but has learned when not to argue.


The bed is from West Elm and we picked this be because our bedroom is small and this is a low bed to help keep the room from feeling too small.  Plus the bed has storage drawers which is essential for since we have a tiny closet.  As an added bonus, it matches quite well with our IKEA dressers!
Here are the munchkins testing out the bed.  They were so excited about the bed a could not wait for the finished product to be ready for the testing phase.  Our mattress is surprisingly smaller than the slats but it's been a long time since we purchased a matters.  Do they make larger queen size mattresses.  You can't see the slats when the bed is made up so I'm ok with it.  Not having a box spring has actually made the mattress feel sturdier and the bed has been easy to adjust to, even though it's shorter than our old bed.

I have put up new blinds and will be making curtains/drapes at some point.  The closet door will not go back up and I need to find a white drape to put in front of the closet.  The door blocked the window and didn't serve a great purpose.  We never closed the door of the closet anyway.

Well there may be spelling errors abounding and my sentences a bit goofy but I'm posting now so I can get this up and pick up the kids.


1 comment:

  1. I covered Ry's bunkbed slats (above her head) with a lovely vintage sheet so she would see something other than the wood...

    because it's not going to bother her, but it would bother ME thinking about the exposed wood for the next 10 years.

    So, there's an unsolicited idea for your exposed wood. But, you prolly make your bed more than me, so it's all good :)

    ReplyDelete