Wrapped in Hope

To those of you who care more about my kids; please accept my apologies.  Any creative kids posts have been absent from my brain.

We are here and existing - now isn't that exciting news?  I'm writing this post when my feelings about the weekend can start to turn sour. The reality of how quickly time is dwindling down to that early Monday morning alarm often starts to evade my happy weekend thoughts.  My weekend plans are never where I thought they would be ~ this is a typical weekend so it shouldn't be a shocker - right? Just working through it and finding my happy positive place. I'm sure Devin gets sick of me blahblahblahing about what I didn't get done...Waaahhh!

So now to the good news:

I sent out the quilt for Wrapped In Hope.  It was Kaylee's birthday today and while the original plan was to send the quilt on Thursday, that didn't happen. I paid a butt-load of money so she would receive it today.  Shouldn't an 8 year old get her quilt on her birthday?

The blocks are all made from material which was donated to MHC that I made ages ago.  I never had the right motivation to finish the quilt and couldn't decide on a design, that is until the new birthday list came out and I saw the perfect opportunity: 8 year old, loves pink, January 29.  Deadlines are my friends! 

The backing was a plaid in my stash I purchased last year and and I think it works great with the front.  Unfortunately all the pictures I took to show the full quilt were too blurry and I didn't see that yesterday so these will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment