Sewing on the side

Since the Canadian expedition I haven't found much satisfaction from sewing.  I've been going through the motions and completed a couple items, but nothing too serious besides that.  My Frock by Friday is going to take a lot of calculating because I differed from the pattern and I can't seem to get myself excited about thinking so hard.  Maybe some day I'll have the energy needed to calculate the collar and finish the button holes, and add the belt loops.  Not much stands in the way of finishing except my motivation.

I did find some inspiration to create for another baby.  The next wave of babies (always in triplicate) is coming.  a fellow co-worker is having her 3rd baby, a boy this time.  I bought M6103 back in April when the first baby shower was announced and was curious to see how close to the RTW it would bee.  I used a technique I found at this tutorial for finishing the edges instead of turning 5/8 and sewing.  I trimmed 3/8 off the edges first, cut an inch piece of the blue and edged with my serger.  Since this was for a newborn I didn't feel that the blue should be too big.  I used the same stencil when I made these for my nephew and love the elephant.  I'm happy with the results and it looks like something that I could buy at the store.

Devin was teasing me and said I couldn't just give my co-worker the onesie so I felt compelled to add another item.  I've been finding new sewing blogs and with a recent find stumbled on these cute burp clothes.  So I pulled from my stash and made this one.   


1 comment:

  1. Oh yay!! What a darling gift (and the burp rag looks wonderful)! Thanks for the mention!! :)

    ReplyDelete