Fun Fridays

I had a mini panic attack this past week with the end of June looming.  Once a week I join my co-workers for a lunch run that usually involves running out to Lake Michigan and back.  During this week's run it finally hit me that a beach was too close not to visit.  

I can't believe that I've ignored the beauty and convenience of this beach.  Free parking and a 30 minute drive from the house.  The age of the helped make a trip to the beach by myself easier.  They were thrilled to be at the beach and have requested a return trip already.

My favorite part besides being at the beach, was the fact that the didn't bicker once.  I'm hopeful that we'll be able to make it to the beach again. 

The high of a good Friday quickly fizzled when Mia came down this morning at 1:45 to report she had thrown up in her bed and on the stairs.  After an hour of scrubbing and cleaning I was able to get back to bed only to wake up at 5 with the thunderstorm.  My morning work out did not happen and the kids beat me out of bed.  Thankfully Mia appears to be fairly healthy and crackers and ginger ale have stayed down so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment