Not just one
but two teeth were lost
Last week Devin and I took a vacation from work; to work at home. Sound familiar? Devin is not a delicate or patient painter so he's a pro at covering wall space with a roller only. I became one with the paint brushes and cut in and painted the trim. It was a full 6 days of painting and I pep talked myself through some tired moments to keep the momentum going. I find painting relaxing, but that many days has filled my cup to the brim for at least 6 to 9 months. I will still need to caulk where woodwork meets paint, but I'm giving myself a few days to get over the paint overload.
These pictures were taken 2 weeks ago when the tile was finished and the electrician had just hooked up the under cabinet lights, the outlets, and my pendant light above the sink (one prospective contractor told me that a light couldn't be hung there, he didn't get the job). Using the under cabinet lights while cooking is an amazing experience.
Devin worked very hard at staying out of the photos, but I was persistent. Here he is on prep day one we had to remove the cabinet doors in order to paint the soffit above.
Below are the pictures from tonight. Changing the floor in the hallway was not in our original plan, but after seeing the kitchen and dining room it was hard to like the vinyl. We are both happy about that decision and our bonus came in the fact that the original floor underneath was already wood!
Painting the wood trim that I had come to loath and despise white has helped to update all 3 rooms. The brown doors will be dealt with some other day. Sorry for some blurry photos. I wasn't using the flash and apparently couldn't stand still tonight.
It looks great!!! I hardly even recognize it! Good job! Thanks for posting!
ReplyDeletelooks awesome! great job! wish we could have been there to help.
ReplyDelete