This presentation of fruit of my labors is about 2 months in the making.
Early October found me in need of a creative gift for my mom. I find gifting parents to be difficult as I desire a touch of creativity in the final product. This year I found inspiration here which then led me to here. I added a few items to fill the basket. 
The best part about the project was the linen fabric was from a pair of linen pants I had just purged from my closet. I love reusing and recycling old goods.
I have plans for more baskets both gifting and personal. I believe I'll add more size for the baskets to use around the house.
In the middle of October I finally made something for Mia. Usually the bin of clothes we are fortunate to receive from my brother & sister-in-law is packed full of dresses. This season there weren't many so I took the opportunity to buy patterns and fabric. I love my Hancock Fabrics for the $1 patterns! This is Simplicity 2874. Don't be fooled by the picture, due to a little cold wind she wasn't too happy about smiling for "one more" picture, but she was Thrilled with the dress!
Lastly, my sister delivered her 4th baby, Josiah Peter on November 6. My gift to her was a new diaper bag. This project is a combination of sorts. I used the directions for this bag here but made my own pattern based on Amy Butlers Nappy Bag. I love free tutorials. My sister has used her bag and it works so far. I was nervous about the size and whether or not it would meet her needs. It does need a closure as it's a bit gappy so I'll probably hook that up when I see her at Christmas.
Christmas is quickly coming and my list of projects is Long. I'm going to start by cutting out all the fabric this weekend... I'll let you know how that goes.
Your creations are great!!
ReplyDelete