Mia's Turn

Mia had her second run at the ER yesterday - this time - Hives. Yep, we now pay $50 for benadryl and the proper medical termUrticaria. (Devin told me not to beat myslef up about going to the ER for hives)

The girl had red and swollen fingers, hands, toes, and feet, with large hives, and a rash on her legs, trunk and arms. I did all the right stuff, called the pediatric on-call service and after the RN typed in all my answers, the computer generated message was "we recommend you see a physician in the next 4 hours", so I packed up for a LONG afternoon in the ER at Comer's.
To my delight the ER waiting room was EMPTY!
Mia and I were only there about 2 hours and we made it home in time for naps! A much better outcome and diagnosis than I had anticipated after the fateful discovery at breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment