MERRY CHRISTMAS!

We have come to the time of the year to when we celebrate the birth of Jesus. I love this time of year and the celebration of his birth and the promise it brings. I wish the feeling of the celebration of His birth could last all year, but I don't believe it would stay so special.

This is one of my favorite seasons and there are many aspects I enjoy. I love the music, and have been listening to Christmas music since the end of November. I'm a little sad that tomorrow when I return to work it's be back to regular music. I love to decorate and put out the lights, put up a real Christmas tree, and find new decorations to add to my small collection. I love making items for Christmas - no matter what happens I always seem to find something to make. This year it was a quilt for my in-laws. It was unexpected and I love the element of surprise as well. We went over to Devin's parents house last night to surprise his father with a new computer screen, and then put the quilt on the bed! The biggest compliment from his mom was she thought I had bought it at the store! The element of surprise is also exciting for me. I love to surprise people with fun gifts that they don't expect!

This year the kids enjoyed themself. The anticipation for Christmas was great and DJ couldn't wait for December 25 because he knew that was Christmas! Mia just followed along and got excited about opening presents!

We went to Michigan over the weekend to celebrate with the Peters side. We had fun watching the kids, DJ, Caitlin, Mia, Gavin and Kyan play together and continue to form stronger bonds! DJ said he missed Anne and Isaac when we came home from church on Sunday (see you guys in February!)

We came home yesterday and went to the Luckett's last night to play Santa to all 3 in the household. We were very happy to provide his father and mother with an extra special gift they both will enjoy, and to give his aunt a light she badly needed. It was also nice for the kids to open presents from his parents and aunt while they watched and enjoyed the excitement kids bring to Christmas.

Today we were all supposed to go to Devin's parents house for Christmas Dinner with his aunts and cousin, however, we're divided at the moment. The kids have been sick still and while Kyan spread his germs with Michigan, Mia's the newest virus victim with a fever today. Hopefully this will end soon!!

I'm looking foward to a quiet evening before the rush of life returns tomorrow. I hope you had a wonderful holiday and were able to enjoy the blessing of Christmas.

Enjoy the pictures!


The brothers love to pose!


One never cooperates...

Thanks for the sweater Aunt Carin!


Michigan Christmas
The joy of bubble wrap!
An almost complete quilt!
Christmas morning
She loves her new dress and "swippers"

No comments:

Post a Comment