A Year In Review
I have not spent a lot of time writing or documenting the last year. The total posts for the year is 14. My energy, time, and thoughts were pulled in many different directions. To keep perspective I had to remind myself to often stay present in the moment.
I have sewing to keep life balanced and inspired. There were times during the year when sewing didn't fit the schedule. However, once I had time or energy the fabric and machines were waiting for me.
My tracking system for sewing also failed to receive my fullest attention. There was sewing, both successes and flops. My record of these efforts will not be accurate. One big change in the last year was the fantastic update to my fabric storage and cutting space. I love this space and how this has improved my time spent plotting and cutting.
My work break ends tomorrow and the kids head back to school. The break has been busy and yet relaxing. I am learning to rejoice in the breaks from busy routines. I made myself tackle a couple large house projects rather than spending the whole break sewing - which was extremely tempting. These projects have been on my mental 'to do' list for too long; so I am happy to check them off. Of course that leaves room for more projects...
In the coming year my plans include to expand my sewing repertoire. I will sew more of those items which I have continually put on the bottom of the pile in favor of easier projects. This list involves a winter coat, jackets, pants and jeans - well maybe not plural in some categories. It all depends on the success of my attempts.
This years has brought opportunities to grow in my personal life as wife, mother, and creative soul. Looking forward to what this year will bring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Happy New Year Amy! I scrolled back and saw your newly organized sewing space. Looks so inviting. I wish you lots of success with the projects you tackle this year!
ReplyDeleteThanks Shannon!
DeleteThanks for visiting my blog! I'm looking forward to exploring yours. Hugs!
ReplyDelete