Time
.Energy
..Baby Arrival
...Cute Pattern
....Stashed Fabric
but a moment appeared in March and I took the opportunity to sew this cute dress.
This is the Little Geranium dress which is a free pattern from Made by Rae. She has produced many patterns is this is the first of hers that I have sewn. I did like the pattern and it came together easily. I may buy the regular Geranium pattern but I don't often sew for bigger girls so I can't decide if it's worth the investment at the moment.
Since this is a gift, I wanted the inside to look pretty too. I often have trouble making the inside of facings to look pretty and I've noticed on my RTW pants with facings will often have the edges finished with double fold bias tape. I've wanted to replicate this an I like the finished look and decided to use this on the dress.
I wanted to add snaps on the back instead for buttons and used pearl snaps. These are a little large but that was all they stocked at Joann Fabrics. I'm sure I could have found smaller snaps on-line but I wanted to finish this and send it off before the baby grew too big.
I could see myself sewing this up for another baby in the future and maybe add some bloomers next time. It's a nice pattern.
CUTE!!!!
ReplyDelete