Packing backpacks and lunches and laying out the uniforms for the morning rush is our reality once again.
We escaped the reality for a few days and headed to visit the lovely island of Bermuda. The time away was even better since we are well acquainted with 6 individuals who live on the island. The island is beautiful, but the company, well they are the best part of the taking the trip.
The weather was not the best according to the Bermudians. Many of the shorts which were packed did not get worn. But too much running and playing and was done to worry too much about the weather.
For the best Easter Egg Hunt: light up the glow bracelets, stuff them in the eggs, hide the eggs and night, and then let the kids go. I take no credit except for man power. I love hanging out with my sister. She finds the great ideas and I supply the muscles to help make it happen. Apparently I hid the eggs well. One egg was still hidden the next day and was found in the banana tree - course I don't remember which one was the banana tree.
This year we went to St. Georges as we had missed it last year. The kids enjoyed the stocks and Aunt Carin helped to make the story exciting.
The island rhythm was slow and so we could stop to let the boys out to cheer on the plane for take off. Sorry Isaac, I know you told us which plane it was but I sure can't remember anymore.
And the pool...my kids were determined to swim. They just had to swim. Every day the request was made. The pool is cold. We were very clear but they didn't care. These brave souls made the best of the sun and warmer air.
We had wonderful hosts, it may help that we are related, but none the less we look forward to seeing them in about two months.
No comments:
Post a Comment