We sat around the table today and shared our favorite memories from 2012. Many of the memories stemmed around family events with the cousins. I am looking forward to seeing what memories we will create in the coming year. 
The last weeks of the year were crammed full of activities and creating. I slept less, moved more and accomplished a lot. Then we spent time in Michigan for Christmas with my family and I relaxed and slept. Christmas is a beautiful season to me and I've enjoyed creating traditions with the kids and Devin. The kids will return to school on Thursday while I get to relax away from work until the 7th. Two weeks of vacation around the holidays is truly a blessing. I am a little sad that the break will have to end but I've had a relaxing time and it's nice to be off with the kids.
Our full life became busier in October with the addition of a sport, and my own personal activities added on to the usual school work and work. This year though I was thankful for the times versus mad about the times and that helped change my outlook and eased my sense about the fullness. As life demanded more of me over the last part of the year I had to let go of some of my old habits. Spending time on the computer outside of work was very unappealing to me. Reading through my bookmarked blogs and commenting became very limited; browsing was more my style. I had limited sewing time or energy and my creations a less than I anticipated. I have some ideas on new items and will try some new techniques to see if I can get more sewn in the coming months.
Tonight I spent a good chunk of time reading through the posts I've missed and looking at the great posts people write wrapping up what they have sewn. These great posts leave me very inspired! If I was better at documenting what I sewed then I would happily join the wrapping it up posts. There's always a New Year - right?! I'm excited about the possibilities.
I'm having to make some similar adjustments this year. Hope the new year has been good to you!
ReplyDelete