Our 5 days without Devin the week before went off without a hitch. The kids were gems and I kept my wits about me all week. By Thursday I was totally wiped and parented from the couch for a few hours.
We went to a birthday party last weekend and at some point I became inspired to make simple gift for the birthday girl. I'm not sure if I was inspired by Amanda, but a pillow was what I settled on. I knew I wanted something a simple and quick. The birthday girl's favorite colors are blue and yellow and shockingly I had plenty of fabric to pick from in my stash.
I started with a stencil I found on-line but had to improvise on the actual letter since blowing the picture up to my desired size made the edges too blurry. I used corduroy for the letter and the back of the pillow. I didn't want a large puffy pillow.
I planned carefully and thought I had the perfect quick project, until I made a fatal error in picking the stitch and the Sulky tear away stabilizer. I ended having to spend some time using tweezers to tear away the stabilizer stuck in between the stitches. I don't use stabilizer enough to have good judgement but this experience served me well for the future. Overall I'm happy with the finished result.
No comments:
Post a Comment