Traveling Feet


With my feet firmly planted in the sand I started to relax and realize what lay around me:

The stream that flowed from the woods 

that caused a small body of water which created a landscape for 7 cousins to work together on holding back the water,

Which gave the adults time to catch up, stalk the monarch butterflies for a perfect picture, and marvel at the beauty of God's creation  


With my feet on the sand bar in Big Stone Bay I watched those






who challenged our family from the norm and provided the family with new adventures





 
who without any hesitation agreed to come camping for the first time (until he read this  disclaimer)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          


With my feet propped here I remembered how much I LOVE campfires!


I love the art starting the fire and how finicky it can be,



cooking your food over an open fire (when you have no other option)

roasting marshmallows or smoky links around them,
impromptu self portraits


and spending time gathered around the fire.

As my feet carried me through our "warm up" hike, I enjoyed bits of nature that I don't see and joy of the kids who could be autonomous and go free









With my feet on the bus that kept us warm as it slowly took us over the bridge I enjoyed the fact that I would be enjoying the next adventure with these adults and the 7 children.













With almost 40 extra pounds from an overtired 4 year old on my back my feet crossed over the grates & the middle of the 5 mile walk was closer and I was a little sad that our weekend together would soon be over. 


 

These feet took me far this weekend and I'm thankful for the adventures they carried me through.  
We had a weekend that we soon won't forget 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment