Thoughts

September brings with it the need to start juggling so much more.


Homework has begun in earnest since the kids are in the 3rd week of school already.  Mid-week proved to be the most challenging.  So much to do after I get off work and pick up the kids.   

preparing supper
kids backpacks
kids lunch boxes
uniforms for the next day
helping 3 children with various bits of homework
getting the appropriate child to set the table
getting everyone down for supper
eating and talking about days
making lunches for the next day
packing up homework for the next day
finding time to play
attempt to read to the kids
throw in baths every coupe of nights

That's a lot to get done in 3 hours so in a moment of sheer desperation or stroke of genius I gave some of the responsibility to the kids.  A reprieve for me. 


The bright spot in all of this is that Devin no longer has school and we are one more adult brain stronger!

I love lists and how a list can so easily free my brain from all the bits and pieces of my goals, ideas, and varies bits of things that need to be done.

It's my third Friday as a single person and the 8 hours passes so quickly.  I am desperate to sew but find that there so many other items to tackle.  I'm hopeful that tonight I'll squeeze in a bit of time for sewing.  There were projects I sewed this summer and I'm not sure I'll ever get the time to review them. 



Meet Mandy - she was my birthday present this year.  Devin says I'm not using her... but I beg to differ.  She has been helping me contemplate my S2245 tunic.  I'm not sure if it's the material but I'm stumped.  So Mandy continues to let me contemplate more. 

1 comment: