Hard at Work

Missed the talk of clothing?  It's only because I've been busy working on filling my closet, out of necessity since I'm having trouble convincing myself from buying clothes besides Gap's 1969 Jeans (love these jeans), sweaters (without any wool - not as easy as it may seem), and socks.

My best laid plans to keep tabs on what I've created has been difficult.

- I don't take photos the minute I've sewed the last stitch since I'm far from "camera ready" - and then once a photo has been taken I have to put in my bid for the computer as Devin often needs it for school work - or I don't feel like getting on the computer after spending all day on the darn thing

- then there exists the decision/guilt about about posting a review on PatternReview - I spend soooo much time looking at others creations that I feel ought to contribute about my successes or failure

- often once I finish a project I'm anxious to start the next project since planning began in the middle of a previous project and sitting in front of the computer won't get me closer to sewing the new project

My current focus is pants - my second pair and second version of S3850.  The first version, while a good effort has ended as a sad and saggy castoff  - my fabric choice was poor and the fit was not quite right.  Since the fabric was too thin, I worked out the fit issues (hopefully) and I'm working with a heavier bottom weight cotton.


I've been giving into my fabric addiction and a recent addition is Anna Marie Horner's new voile collection.  I don't often spend this much on a yard of fabric, but this is so worth it!  Currently I am planning a dress for the large flower  voile.  I've been inspired by  Boden which uses large floral prints.  I would like to get this one going soon.  I'll need to line the dress as it's not a winter weight fabric and then there will need to be a top layer (jacket or sweater) necessary, but I'm excited.


More updates a little later... no more plans for now because they keep changing...

No comments:

Post a Comment