five days in


The kitchen project is underway.  I'll show some updates on the progress of the week below but first I thought I would take you down memory lane. This first picture is back in November.  We started removing the plastic tiles (painted blue) on Thanksgiving weekend.  The tiles came off easily it was the adhesive that made us work.  I think it took us about 2 months to finish that project.  We used heat guns and scrappers to remove the adhesive.

We debated whether or not we should paint the primer and on the advise of our contractor decided against it.  And after yesterdays electrical work Devin and I are glad we didn't waste our time.  So here is the week in pictures.


Monday the lower cabinets came out and the floor was removed.  There was a lot of adhesive so Tuesday morning the remaining parts were removed. 









Tuesday morning the wood floors went in less than 4 hours and Devin and I couldn't wait to return home from work that day to see the finished product 
And here are the pictures from this morning.  The electrical was put in yesterday and now you can see why Devin and I would have been mad at ourselves for wasting time painting.  I think the drywall will go in tomorrow but today is quiet.  The plumber came last night and gave us new cold and hot water pipes since the shut offs under the sink were too old and no longer shut off the water. 


We now have to make a choice on the floor color.  The dining room floor will be sanded and refinished to match the kitchen.  And we're now in the market for granite which was last on my list of counter tops.  But yesterday my mind was changed when our contractor met someone who has a great price on 6 choices.  I like the middle one, Devin says it needs to grow on him.  The sample of Corian we had picked out is on top of the granite we'll use and the coloring isn't too far off.  The price of the granite, installation and sink blows Lowes price out of the water.   

1 comment:

  1. !!!!!!!!!
    (that's one-handed typing for 'it looks fabulous!!!)

    ReplyDelete