Ramblings

How quickly Wednesday arrives and Devin is at school. This night is my favorite evening meal breakfast. The kids and I enjoy the routine and comfort of having breakfast every Wednesday night. I deserve at least one meal of the week that doesn't involve fights or coaxing to get it finished when I'm outnumbered. Plus the fact that tomorrow is my LAST day of the work week doesn't hurt either!

I am on a mission to really beef up my sad warm weather wardrobe this year by sewing. I started a new shirt last Thursday and I'm soooo close to finishing. All that remains are button holes and buttons. I am also determined to use up my stash before making more fabric purchses.

November 15 is going to be here sooner than I want and that's the deadline for my two quilts for Margaret's Hope Chest. To make the deadline things will need to move a little more quickly. I had big plans a couple weekends ago when I was "shopping" in the stock of fabric from MHC, but I must stop lying to myself. It's going to be a stretch to finish 2 quilts between now and then but I have a vision for a simple pattern teen boy quilt and the red/pink/yellow quilt is past the labor intensive stage and just needs a little more of my time.

We haven't had the best weather on the weekends and Devin had a great idea of letting the kids play with toy in a tub of water. Simple is easy to forget and it looks like Friday and Saturday may need to be planned inside activities.

Devin and I are finally putting into action a lot of the house plans that have been discussed for too long. Changes are in the works and we're both excited about the possibilities. Seven years in this house has gone quickly and we have never conquered any large projects. That soon will change!

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling! Our weather has been crummy and Ry's been home from school because everyone else int he district is sick... so we've been taking extra baths :) So silly, but so great for play time.

    ReplyDelete