reDO

I had to start some where.

This all started back before Mother's day.
Devin bought a new sewing table for me at a price that was too good to be true_literally. The company was a SHAM and no table ever arrived. I looked for a couple weeks at other tables but couldn't stomach the cost.

I had never considered replacing my sewing table until Devin planted the idea. As summer progressed I realized that a new table was in order. The serger moved out of the closet over the summer and took up permanent residence on the sewing table as I use it in combination with the sewing machine when I make clothes. In order to make the machine go I had to wrap my legs around the drawers_not all that fun or easy.

One day I realized that IKEA was my sensible solution. Friday was IKEA field trip day and I finished with new shelves today. There is so much more desk space and storage. No longer will I need to pile up my projects and paper on the desk as there are plenty of drawers and cubbies for storage. Now my legs won't need to be in some awkward position while I push a pedal to run a machine. I'm excited about the space and glad I finished the whole project before starting up the machine. I haven't sewn in a month and I think tonight will be a perfect time to see how the space works.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, a little IKEA is exactly what one needs :) Get sewing!

    ReplyDelete