Not unscathed

I thought we had made it through the weekend rains without any leaking; that is until Mia came upstairs with a damp shoe. I asked her if she had been sucking on her shoe laces (it's possible), which she replied no and told me there was water. Ahhhh - this as I was attempting to leave on Monday morning for Kyan's MD appointment.

We had a crack in the foundation which was "fixed" a few years by US Waterproofing. So the record rains were no match for the fixin 'cause the water found it's way in and we had a musty & dank basement by Monday. I'm not ready to call the company yet because I'm a little afraid that we'll be sinking a whole lot more money into this foundation/water leak.

Thankfully the fan and dehumidifier have worked wonders on the wet carpet.

1 comment:

  1. it's one of those "when it rains, it pours" kind of situation....especially when it comes to money issues. We are there with you sista! Today I found out I need to pay $1500 before the next dr. appointment...hmm...where is THAT going to come from??? Can we take out a loan from YOU?!

    ReplyDelete