Building Blocks



We gather for the holidays as a family because that is part of our tradition, but I believe these moments add to the building blocks for our children's future.  Some day I hope these moments help to shape their desires for their children.   Family dinners at grandma's house. I remember those and the pot roasts she made and the potatoes we ate.

I love the relationships they have with their cousins, who may not live in the same city, but can grow to be good comrades in the future. 


Not all the memories will hold the specific details but I love seeing them in the midst of these moments.  


Sharing empty spaces in their mouths. 

Knowing the love of grandparents, who selflessly give their time to care for them.  These moments may not be obvious the the kids now, but I hope the gifts of these moments serve them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment