LBD V8685

I started taking the pictures this morning while there was still sun which was quickly covered by clouds.  My outdoor photos were quick to avoid goose bumps.

This is the first time I've sewn myself a LBD.  I finished this a few weeks ago and it was under a short deadline.  Deadlines work well with me.  To help save time I used my coverstitch machine for top stitching of the panels.  Thankfully its black thread on black fabric so no one will notice some lines aren't straight.  When I used the coverstitch machine I marked my stitching lines with tailors chalk but found that the markings were hard to see.  Since then I've bought the Clover Chaco Liner Pen. Will test this out to see if its better for the visual line. 

I used the petite sizing that was on the pattern for the band which removed about an inch.  I sewed a 10 on top and graded to a 12 around the waist.  I also brought in the back as I'm smaller from my bust up.  I did not use the zipper as others had noted on PR; it wasn't needed.  I did have to remove some width at the hips, but that was an easy fix.  This is blank ponte that I bought last year at Joanns.  I am loving the ease of this dress.

I had my larger camera lens so my pictures did not get the full length, but I hemmed it just above my knees.  I lined the skirt of the dress.  I love the layer of protection against PLs  and this will be nice when I want to wear some tights to bring it into fall.  One of my goals this year has been to add lining to dresses and skirts.


This dress ranks high in the compliment department.  My boss who knows I sew did not think initially that this dress was one of mine because of the seaming and how well it was put together! 
 

Since the weather has started to turn cooler I've wanted to take pictures of my favorite plants before a freeze, and today was a good day to document since I had the camera out.

'Anne Marie' Lantana camara is a yearly must for annuals.  Each flower produces so many different colors.  I loved that the rain was still in some of flowers this morning.   


This was my first daisy.  This is Osteospernum echlonis and the plant did really well in my garden.  Of course it's a hybrid color but I love how pretty each blossom is.  I wish is was a perennial up here, and I'll test to see if this can withstand the winter, but I have my doubts.   I have not enhanced this photo and the color is this fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment