A long weekend. It's a great relief to get a break from work this holiday weekend. Work will be busy for at least another month and I'm afraid to take a day off. I will save my vacation days for now.
On Friday I picked up these roses for $6. I usually pass up the bouquets at the store but recently read about others buying flowers 'just because' and I felt inspired too.
Currently everyone is sitting in front of me playing 'Sorry.' The range of emotions displayed during one game in this household is astounding. It's good training for the future and I gladly let Devin handles these moments.
We hit the beach today for the last time this year. A little sad that the summer weather will ending but the kids had a hot week in school and I think the teachers will appreciate coolers temperatures. Thankfully today was a wonderful beach day.
This child would like to become one with the sand. Every time he comes out of the water he proceeds to flop or crawl or dive into the sand.
We were given this raft by someone leaving the beach last year who was from the area. I enjoyed watching each one of the kids spend time lounging on the raft enjoying the water.
Everyone was tired when we left and that's a job well done. My goal on a daily basis is to wear them out!
No one will come down tonight to tell us they can't fall asleep.
I'm looking forward to sewing tomorrow. I back in the groove after a break due to summer business.




No comments:
Post a Comment