I try and get the kids out for fun activities on Fridays. Just to keep life interesting and the fights down to a minimum.
Back in the beginning of June we took the Metra to Union Stations to hang out with Kate and Rylie during their 3 hour layover. As fate would have it a train crash in the station hours before derailed our best-laid plans. We ate our picnic lunch on the floor of the amtrak waiting area. Not glamorous, but we enjoyed the time together.
Since we weren't leaving on any trains out of Union Station that afternoon we headed to the Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower)
Now I have lived in the Chicago area for roughly 4218 days or 11 years, 6 months, & 19 days. Never before this day had I made it to the sky deck. It is only thanks to my children that I am getting out of the house and seeing these tourist spots.
| Their biggest thrill? The gift shop strategically placed in the middle of the 103rd floor. |
My biggest thrill? Ignoring the drop of my stomach and stepping out this far into the window box to take the photo. This was all I could manage.
The kids were oblivious to the height and headed out without hesitation.
cool pic! not sure I would dare step out any further than you did!!
ReplyDelete