The Dress

Did you notice?
I sewed something!

Truth be told, I've been very productive in adding to my wardrobe.  Sharing the end results has become the sacrifice in all the sewing going on.  

I figured the time was good to document since I was dressed up for Devin's graduation and my brother who takes GREAT photos was with us.


The DKNY dress V1027 on Patternreview.com is a best pattern of 2008 and I'm late to party in making many of the popular patterns .  I've had the pattern and fabric in my stash waiting for the right inspiration.  I'm so happy that it's done.  Not the original dress I had in mind to make for Devin's graduation but with a looming deadline, I made a very important decision to avoid becoming the poor soul balled in the corner crying at 3am Saturday morning cursing my decision to sew my clothes.

I cut and sewed this dress in 2 days. A record for me.  I'm trying to work faster and not think so much before and during sewing - just get it done.  I am so happy that PR exists because that played an important roll in my decision.

In my construction I was short 5/8 of a yard so I shortened the dress by 4 inches and decreased the width of the skirt by 7 inches.  I'm not sure I would have kept the length at the original size as I like dresses at my knees.

The dress is flattering.  It went together so well.  I love the finished product.


This was the original planned dress: V1086, a Tracy Reese dress that has been in the pattern collection for2 years.  I thought this was going to be the moment but I'm glad I decided to wait.  It would have ended badly for me and the dress.  Forgive the color on the photo is horrible as it was late and I was knee deep patterns and fabric making my decision.   



Oh and here I was wearing one of the recently finished items while sewing the dress.  This is my first Hot Patterns Weekend Sunshine Top.  I'm not sure I'll ever go back and review all the items I've sewed and had success with.  It's very hard to go back.

1 comment:

  1. Your dress looks fabulous on you and the print is so perfect for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete