I thought it would take years for her to get to this point. She is terrified of needles. Starting at the age of 9 months she would cry through the entire doctors appointment because she knew it meant shots.
I often wondered who's child she was. I don't share her fear of needles and my "you'll be fine"s never seemed to calm her fears or quiet the terrified screams.
Knowing her fear of needles and pain I made it very clear that getting earrings would hurt. Every so often she would need to check the facts: "does it hurt when you get your ears pierced?"
I also made it clear that any time she was ready, we would go.
Last Saturday she made her declaration. And we went.
I doubted her ability to see it through.
Before we made it to the mall I thought she would chicken out.
I wasn't even sure while she sat whimpering in the chair during the set up that she would see it through
Her determination won.
She was so giddy on Saturdy.
Oh, and one more growing up moment - did you notice the missing a tooth?
No comments:
Post a Comment