Absentee

I've had to put all thoughts of updating this place on the low end of my "List" for the past few weeks. 

The new norm is busy.  Now with 2 kids in school, shuffling of paper has doubled and the reviewing is approached with a divide and conquer mentality.  The kindergartner has a voluminous load which included book reports... yes, I said book reports.  Mind you she is still learning to read, 'nough said.  The routine of getting home from work, making supper while splitting my attention between Mia's books and DJ's questions has caused a few short circuits.  I've had to re-engineer my thought process about coming home.  Truthfully, I'm a little sick of school already and we just got started.  I hopeful an attitude adjustment is in my future.

In all the life happening I've made sure to put sewing on the list.  I have a big plans on building my fall/winter wardrobe and time is of the essence.  I'm developed some methods to keep the sewing going even when I have a few shows to watch.

This past weekend the kids and I went with some friends to the pumpkin patch.  It was stinkin' hot and I had to buy 2 pumpkins in order to get the smiles for the group picture below.  There were so many items which were free - we did pay for the train ride, and the corn maize but the rest was free.  The kids had fun and I got a few pictures out of the deal. 

And to end this - If you look closely in the bottom left of the photo there is a goat hanging out next to DJ.  He could care less.  This boy is very unexcited by petting zoos and spent a few minutes sitting here to the goat looking at everything but the goats!

  

1 comment:

  1. We have had more than our share of homework trials this year, so i hear ya! Those transition/homework/supper hours are tough! Does it at least help a little bit knowing that you are not alone in this? For some reason that always helps me a little bit.

    ReplyDelete