While we were away

I've been rehashing, revamping, and rewriting this post for the past 2 weeks.  Not my intent, but that's how it rolls around here sometimes. I am determined this morning to hit the publish button before my coffee runs out.  

We have adjusted to the school life pace of life and so far so good.  I'm excited about the extra day away from work and I'm looking forward to extra time with the kids and time to celebrate another milestone this weekend. 

But before I get too far into the future, I'll take a few minutes to finally revisit a nice week away.  The kids and I spent a week with some of my family.  Due to some spousal mis-communication Devin missed this escape to Michigan, but he was able to spend a great weekend enjoying his family down in Mississippi at his family's reunion. 

I LOVE vacations days.  period.  I like pretending I don't have a job, don't sit in front of a computer for 8 hours, and my alarm clock doesn't ring at 5:30 am.

We often make quick weekend jaunts to Michigan but these visit are over quickly.  The week with my parents, sisters, and nieces & nephews helped satisfy our need for quality family time.  The kids spent a lot of time with cousins, playing shadow tag, helping Anne name her family of frogs, causing a ruckus at supper and attending soccer camp

The extra time offered me an opportunity to catch up with a friend from high school, and visit with my cousin who will have her 3rd baby next month and seeing her adorable daughters.

Our week away started with time in Shipshewana, Indiana at the indoor water park.  This was our second year meeting up for water fun and it could be the beginning of a new tradition.

Cousins 9, 7, & 5

On Tuesday night we were invited to meet and visit the Mulder's at their adorable farm.  They were gracious hosts, letting 7 kids join in on the feeding fun, and learning the different parts of living in the country.  The kids still talk about Miss Katie's farm.  This visit all came about because of blogland and I felt compelled to get in touch with Katie to meet her and the family while we were in GR.  I've been following her blog for some time and can't remember how I stumbled upon her blog but she has a fantastic writing style that I may covet from time to time; plus she lives the life I had envisioned many many years ago for myself: I was going to be a CowGirl.  We had so many fun experiences in such a short time.  Thanks for being so gracious with your home and time guys!! 
  Met some long horn steers 

Pondered the cattle some more
Played ring around the rosy
Enjoyed the hay ride
The boys, DJ and Isaac were taken for an off-road ride in a "real" Toyota Land Cruiser
They will not forget this one - Thanks Curt!

1 comment:

  1. Ok... the ring around the rosy picture? And Mia on the wagon? Absolutely priceless. Love it. We had a blast... thank you for adding us to your agenda!!! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete