the boys both developed fevers last night and I knew I couldn't send them off to enjoy a new school year.
The bags will wait for one more day,
Absentee #1 enjoying a breakfast of crackers
Absentee #2 partaking in his breakfast of crackers too
And here is the kindergartner who didn't think she could make it through the first day of school without her big brother in the classroom next door. Tears were shed last night when it was announced the boys would miss the first day of school and again this morning as she doubted her ability to make it without DJ. She clung to me as I hugged her good-bye in her classroom and once more pleaded for my company.
She sailed through the first short day and I now have a house full of children. This life as a mother has taught me that my plans are often subject to change and I'm just happy to have one last day of vacation to enjoy. Thankfully the boys appear to be over the worst of the bug and we'll pray and hope for better health tomorrow.
Isn't that the truth? Life as a mother is always subject to change! I have been there! hope your cute little guys are well and that they enjoy their first day of school tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteDo you have your sewing project picked out for Friday yet?;)