Where to begin

The new year is in full swing and I'm still trying to remember to write the year as '10 rather than '09. I'm not a resolution gal. Never really have been. I try to set goals but never make too many attempts at tracking myself. I think I put enough pressure on myself with my daily lists. In looking over the many blogs I read I saw some nice reviews of the year. I've missed the boat on 2009 but maybe I can set that for 2010.

I've been talking myself through some goals this weekend and came up with a few. These will be used as tools to help me focus on the positives of what I have accomplished rather than what I didn't get done (happens often)
  1. Develop a tracking system for clothes I've completed: many items were sewn that didn't make it on the blog
  2. Start working through the millions of photos from the past seven years (+); which are sitting in boxes, envelopes, and computer. I'm not a scrapbook gal - can't get my head wrapped around that one, but I want the photos in books for us to look through.
  3. Pants; my wardrobe is in need of pants and I just can't make myself buy them which only leaves me create pants with the patterns I've purchased and the material waiting to be transformed.
  4. Update the rocking chair in the living room. I can't sit on it for more than an hour before my butt bone hurts with it's current sad cushion.
Now on to the weekend wrap up:
Even with the temperatures on the chilly side we sent the kids out a couple times to effectively burn energy and frolic in the snow. A few tidbits on my kids and snow: DJ can't STAND to have any snow trespass beyond his coat. If any falls down his back he's ready to call it quits. Mia just wanted to put her face in it, and eat it.

My job gave us passes to the Museum of Science and Industry and we spent about 3 hours there today, only having to pay for parking! The kids had a great time and we were ready to leave long before them. Way too many exhibits for one day, but a great time.

I finally spent a couple hours working on the kitchen wall (after avoiding it for a couple days) and removing the adhesive. I've sworn off sewing at night for this week in order to get that phase of the project done. It's such a messy job and 2 hours is the limit for this part. The goal is to be done at the end of the week with that part of the job. The next step will be cleaning and patching.

No comments:

Post a Comment