Today the rain came but I'm not sad. The long weekend has been a great one and we've had great weather for a good amount of time outside. It's nice to have a quiet day before the busy week starts.
The short list of what all happened in three busy days:
I planted flowers and didn't pick the lazy path. I pulled a million bulbs out of the ground for the first time in say 4 years. I also got wise and added perennials to make the garden work a little easier and cheaper. Hopefully I picked well.
We replaced our sad grill which has lasted almost 7 years and beat the crowds to Lowes for a new shiny one. We broke in the new grill on Saturday with chicken wings, ribs, corn on the cob and potatoes and shared it with Brian and Daphne.
Yesterday for the first time ever all 5 went for a bike ride. The kids can now stop asking me when I will ride my bike. After a 7 year drought of no bike riding I'm happy to be back in the saddle. I've missed biking and didn't realize it until last night.
Devin's Aunt & Uncle came up from Kentucky for a surprise visit at his parents, and it was good to catch up with them last night and they enjoyed seeing the kids.
I figured I should take pictures of the momentous biking occasion. We hope to get out and do this a little more often over the summer. We have so many forest preserves around that riding won't get boring.
Not quite sure what Kyan was going for here - but it's a keeper.
No comments:
Post a Comment